3.23.2008

List Delinquent

Yeah, sorry for the lack of lists this weekend... I honestly just didn't feel creative at all, and coupled with non-stop basketball games to watch, lots of chores and errands to get done, and family Easter things, I haven't been at the computer except to check my status in the Hope women's NCAA tournament brackets.  

Let's just say I dropped from 1st place to 21st place in the past 2 days.  I did pretty well the first round, even predicting a few upsets correctly, but the second round destroyed it all!  But maybe there's hope - I don't really know how these bracket scoring things work.  I think I have 8 correct teams in the Sweet 16, and my Final Four is still intact (UNC/Wisconsin and Texas/UCLA).  Though it messed up my brackets, I was excited for the Davidson win today and the Duke loss yesterday (sorry Wade).

Other exciting things this weekend:
(1) Paisley got a new collar after her other one broke (she was on her chain outside, playing with my neighbor's dog, and I thing she probably lunged hard enough to break the plastic buckle).
(2) I got giftcards to Trader Joe's and Fresh Market out of our "young adult Easter egg hunt" today with my cousins - just $5 each, but still...
(3) I spent several hours this afternoon hanging out at Freedom Park with my awesome group of friends from church - beautiful day, beautiful weather, so much fun :).
(4) My mom was healthy and vibrant, unlike last Easter which I spent in her hospital room after her massive surgery at Johns Hopkins.
(5) I cleaned my floors downstairs, including the disgusting nastiness of dirt and hair that was behind Paisley's crate (since I rarely move it to clean back there).
(6) We got a clean bill of health on Paisley's ears, so hopefully the infection saga is over with.
(7) Paisley stayed out free in my house (not in her crate) for several stints today while I was gone, including 6 hours tonight, and didn't chew a thing (except her bone).
(8) Wade had a fun trip to Michigan to his friend's dairy farm, and he'll be in Charlotte for the rest of the week starting Tuesday :).
(9) My whole family (mom, dad, Hillary & Allen) came to my church for Easter this morning - so great!
(10) UNC killed Mt. Saint Mary's and Arkansas in their first 2 games of the tournament!

Can you believe it's almost April?

No comments: