10.03.2008

First and last beach trip of the summer

Last weekend, I spent 4 days at the beach with some of my best friends from college.  It was GREAT to get away, to catch up with everyone, to be silly and girly, to get a little sun, and to have great conversations about our lives with these girls who know me, love me and share an unbreakable bond.

From L to R: Marcy, Jessica, Susie, Lindsay, Diana & me

Friday night, we stayed in and cooked pasta for dinner...  and perhaps had a little too good of a time.  Let's just say, the wine in Marcy's hand was only the beginning :).

Saturday night, we went out to dinner to a little Mexican place we found...  not seafood, but it was much cheaper and had gluten-free options for Marce.

We live around the corner from each other in Charlotte, and yet we had to drive 4 hours to the beach to actually catch up and hang out!  Marcy and I had an interesting time finding gas in the small SC towns we passed through, but luckily it all worked out and we didn't get stranded.

Diana displaying the plate where her Mexican food once was.


I got home from the beach to find a WONDERFUL surprise waiting for me - my leather chair finally fixed from where Paisley chewed it up last summer!  Wade's parents wanted to get it fixed as my birthday present, but the leather shop was booked from June til September, so they just got it done now.  

If you can't tell, they replaced the leather on the front part of both arms and both sides of the ottoman.  It's not an exact color match to the original leather, but I think the variation gives it a little bit of character & uniqueness :).  I can finally sit in the chair without worrying about stuffing falling out and having to cover up the eyesore with a blanket!  THANKS ROD & JOLI!

1 comment:

The Huffmans said...

loooks like you ladies had a great time! EA