6.13.2011

4 months & counting

My deepest apologies for my blog neglect... I always seem to put stuff on Facebook & then never make it any farther than that! Our sweet boy is growing, growing, growing, and getting cuter by the day. He'll be FIVE months next week - holy cow.

He is sitting & standing if you hold his hands, grabbing toys & stuffed animals, putting things in his mouth, rolling over, eating solid food, and it probably won't be too long before he's crawling! He loves his mama - and will not let anyone else put him to bed - no sir.

I'm still breastfeeding 5-6 times a day, but he's also tried sweet potatoes, rice cereal, applesauce, mangoes, green beans & peaches so far. He's getting the hang of the spoon & swallowing food, and has eventually liked most everything I've given him. He goes to bed between 8-9 p.m., sleeps til sometime between 5-7 a.m., and usually goes back to sleep again after nursing until 8-9 a.m. He still doesn't have a definitive nap schedule, but that might be coming soon.

At his 4-month check-up, he weighed 17 lbs and was 27.25 inches tall - still off the chart for height. He's wearing mostly 9-month clothes (anywhere from 6-12 months), and I just put a size 2 shoe on him the other day and it just barely fit. He wears size 3 diapers, and diaper blowouts or leaks are almost a daily occurrence - giving my Shout Stain Stick a workout.

He still takes a paci well (which is a lifesaver for me), and also likes to hold his lovey(ies) in his carseat. We've dropped the swaddle at night, and he often rolls onto his side to sleep (like his mommy). Aunt Hillary has been keeping him a couple of the days I work, and Grandma Joli the other day, but now Wade will be taking over Hillary's days while he's off for the summer (since my new niece Riley is due any day!).

Life is tough when you're dealing with crazy parents like us.

He was baptized on May 22, the day he turned 4 months old. A good number of our family came to celebrate Caden becoming a member of the covenant family! He even wore Wade's baptism outfit :).

He does this open-mouth grin/laugh all the time & it's so cute.

I think he's getting my hair color/texture, and it is slowly growing back in after a slight baby hair loss period.


We got him this exersaucer for $15 at a yard sale, and it is great for him to learn to balance & hold himself up. He won't play in it for hours or anything, but it's a good diversion for a few minutes when I need to do things in the kitchen.

No comments: