6.29.2008

Where is the Lord?

I cried out to God for help;
I cried out to God to hear me.
When I was in distress, I sought the Lord;
at night I stretched out my untiring hands
and my soul refused to be comforted.
...
Will the Lord reject forever?
Will He never show His favor again?
Has His unfailing love vanished forever?
Has His promise failed for all time?
Has God forgotten to be merciful?
Has He in anger withheld His compassion?
...
Your ways, O God, are holy.
What god is so great as our God?
You are the God who performs miracles;
You display Your power among the peoples.
With Your mighty arm You redeemed Your people,
the descendants of Jacob and Joseph.

Psalm 77:1-2, 7-9, 13-15

So please take my mom home.  Take her out of this misery and suffering.  She just wants to be home with you, Jesus.  Please remember to be merciful and compassionate.  Please remember Your unfailing love, and don't forget Your faithful servant, Linda Johns.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Remembering you and your family in prayer.

a boy a girl and a pug said...

Came over from Kristin's blog. Bless your heart. My prayers go out to your precious mom and family.

Anonymous said...

Kim, my heart is so sad to read this. Losing people we love is not how it's supposed to be- not how it will be in eternity- it's painful and sad and awful. How clear can it be that this world is not our home? I pray for you and your family that God makes His presence known to you more clearly than you can begin to imagine. You guys have a lot of people praying for you.
Love,
Megan Clarke