7.05.2008

It's finished.


Linda Johns
February 26, 1951 - July 4, 2008

Mom went home to be with the Lord about 9:45 tonight.  It's been a very long few days, not to mention the weeks, months and years leading up to now...  But praise God that she is out of pain - no more cancer, no more nausea, no more drugs & needles.

I love you so much, mom - more than I could EVER express with words or actions.  You've been the best mom in the entire world, and you've touched everyone who knew you with your sweet spirit, warmth, and especially your unwavering faith in our Lord.  We'll see you again!

--------------------Added Saturday, July 5th----------------------------

Thank you all so much for your prayers for me and my family over the last weeks, months, and even years. We decided Mom "went out with a bang" on the 4th of July. My dad, sister, brother-in-law, and I were all there with her at her bedside. She had been unresponsive for 22 hours or so, just breathing shallowly and finishing the race. All day, we had all been holding her hands, talking to her and telling her how much we loved her and that it was ok to let go now.

Around 9:30, my dad started talking close to her ear about how much he loved her, all the people waiting for her in heaven, how we were going to take care of her garden and everything here for her and we were going to be ok, and things like that, and her breathing and heart rate just slowed and slowed until she was gone, while he was still talking. It was really heart-wrenching, but special too.

It's hard to let it sink it that this whole battle is over and she's completely free of suffering and pain FOREVER now. It's overwhelming and relieving, like a huge burden has been lifted and at the same time a huge hole has been gouged in my heart. Right now, the grief is a little stronger than the joy, but the joy is still there for her - dancing on the streets of gold, completely whole and new.

I don't know yet when funeral services and things will be, but I will let you all know for anyone who wants to come. Thanks again for everyone's prayers and support - it means a lot to me and our family.

4 comments:

The Huffmans said...

Hey Friend. We love you and we are praying for you and your family.

Justine said...

Just think - your mom is celebrating Ultimate Freedom. Love & prayers!

Unknown said...

Kim,
I just wanted to tell you that I love your whole family. You are all an inspiration! I'll be continuing to pray for you, however, we can rejoice, because I'm sure Linda is having a party with Jesus!

Anonymous said...

cried as I read this. Praying for you.