7.11.2008

Mom, Remembered

We had a wonderful memorial service for mom this morning, where God was honored and His Word was preached clearly and unabashedly - exactly what she wanted.  The graveside service with our family was really special, and the cemetery where her ashes are now buried is just beautiful.  It's so mom.  A lot of it looks just like her backyard, with natural areas, trees, bushes, flowers and benches.  She's buried right next to Hope Stout, a 13-year-old girl who died of cancer several years ago and was in the news for her "make-a-wish" being that all the other kids got their wishes.

Hundreds came to celebrate mom's life, and more importantly the life of Christ she is inseparable from.  For those who wanted the words to the poem I read, here they are...  Mom wrote this for me before I graduated from high school 8 years ago:

God chose you for His very own before all time began.
He spoke your name and formed your soul forever in His plan.
God's plans for us are certain; they're not a passing whim.
He placed you in my life and heart, my precious daughter Kim.

Trust the Lord for everything, though you can't understand.
His ways are not like our ways; His plan is not our plan.
Seek His face and read His Word; spend time alone with Him.
Then spread His love to all you meet, my precious daughter Kim.

Give God your gifts and weaknesses, for when you can't, He can.
He has a purpose for your life forever in His plan.
Delight each day in His love for you and return that love to Him.
I thank God every day for you, my precious daughter Kim.

No comments: