9.18.2008

Whitewater Falls

Wade and I got spontaneous last weekend and drove out to go hiking at Whitewater Falls, near Brevard, NC. It was a 2.5+ hour trip, but our guide book said this was possibly the prettiest waterfall in the East. I can't say for sure, but it was very pretty :).


Ever since I was little, I've loved rocks and water, especially together. They're just so powerful, so soothing, so beautiful, so constant.



There were actually people at the top of that waterfall, way across there. We got there too late in the day to explore how you actually get over there. But the signs were quite blunt with the warning that "a fall from the waterfall WILL result in death." Eek.



I love hiking with Wade. By the end of our hiking trip to Linville Falls the first week we were dating, I knew he was completely the one for me :). And it doesn't hurt that he tells me I'm beautiful even at the END of the hike when I'm dripping sweat and gross!


That's Lake Toxaway. Which is a terrible name for a lake. Who would want to swim in (or even visit) a lake called Toxaway?


God's creation is just amazing. Every time I look at it.




I wanted to jump over on that rock I'm heading towards, but it was just far enough and steep enough, with enough rushing water under it, that I decided not to risk it. But I love the challenge of "rock hopping" in places like this.

Thanks honey for an amazing day and all that TALKING in the car :).