3.04.2009

Kitchen Shower!

I had my first shower right before the snow hit this weekend :). Some of the women in Wade's mom's covenant group hosted it, and it was so sweet and such an honor for me to experience.

Buy Digital Prints
First gift - a 6-sided cheese grater, which will no doubt be 50% better than my existing 4-sided cheese grater!

Buy Digital Prints
Opening up something else

Buy Digital Prints
Dad came and chatted it up with all the women :). My aunt Laurie (mom's sister) gave one of the devotions, evoking several tears in the room!

Buy Digital Prints
We got all of our silverware - so exciting!

Buy Digital Prints
Love this lady! Mary Ruth gave the other devotion and encouraged me to always give Wade respect, even when he doesn't deserve it. I know that will be a sound piece of advice for me to remember!

Buy Digital Prints
My aunt Lisa came down from Hickory - always fun to get to see her :). Hope she made it back in the snow!

Buy Digital Prints
Some of the ladies (and dad).

Buy Digital Prints
Margarita set! Who wants to come over for the first party?

Buy Digital Prints
Reading sweet cards from people :).

Buy Digital Prints
My dad's so cute back there :).

Buy Digital Prints
We played a game where everyone had to answer a multiple-choice quiz with questions about Wade and me. I think dad technically won, with 22 out of 26, but since he probably didn't have a lot of use for the gift, it went to my aunt Lisa with 20/26.

Buy Digital Prints
Lots of good food going on. Also, check out my sister in the striped sweater... yes, she just had a baby 2 weeks ago! It was Madelyn's first trip out besides the pediatrician, and she did great (sorry no pictures of her!). All the women were like, "does this baby ever actually cry?"

So all in all, it was a very fun afternoon. Wade and I also bought our wedding rings this weekend! I still need to pick mine up from being sized, and then we just need to find the best place to keep them for 3 months where they won't get lost!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

It looks like you had a fun time and got lots of great gifts! How sweet that your dad came to your shower!