7.24.2009

I'm back... with a guest room

So sorry for the long delay in posting. Life has been really busy lately, although not with a ton of interesting stuff. For me it's mostly been work, making dinner, cleaning up dinner, going to the grocery store, exchanging and buying stuff for the house, and walking Paisley. For Wade it's been helping me with some house things, working out, playing basketball, coaching basketball, refereeing basketball, working with kids one on one in basketball, etc.

Here is a photo update of the progress of the house, this time the guest bedroom / Wade's office. I'm really pretty satisfied with everything at this point (except some clutter I'd like to figure out how to get rid of). I bought pretty much all this stuff at Target with our wedding gift cards :).

The bed... I love this comforter (so much that I had to get it even though they only had a king size and not a queen). I also got a couple pillows to go with it but contrast a little. I put that mirror over the bed even though it's a little small for the space, because we already had a hanger there from the picture that was there before, and the gold frame kinda goes with the goldy/yellowy/green of the bedspread.

I got a nice plain khaki cover for the futon and some cool big pillows, so I feel like it looks a little more stylish and a little less college-y. I guess we still need to hang that picture up, but for now it's just propped :).

And the view from the door, so you can see Wade's desk, the bookshelf, and the picture above it, which was a wedding present created by his uncle's girlfriend who does these watercolor pieces apparently, and did this one of our engagement day & pictures. Hard to explain, but pretty cool :). Please pardon the clothes hanging over the closet door and the Duke paraphernalia that is confined to Wade's desk area only :).


And a bonus photo - Wade carrying like 20 bottles of Gatorade that his parents sent him home with. He's trying to look mad because he was about to drop them and I made him wait so I could run upstairs and get the camera :).

That's about all for now. I'll try to be a little less delinquent about posting :).

No comments: