9.04.2007

In the beginning...

Well, my boredom at work has finally reached the point that I am creating a blog to help me procrastinate. My boss is out for about the 4th week out of the last 5, so things are quiet on the Girl Scout front. I'm in a lull between design projects...and mostly I just don't feel like doing anything anyway.

I had a GREAT Labor Day weekend, full of special times, poignant memories, laughs, tears, family, relaxation... Friday night we had a rare family dinner with the 5 of us (mom, dad, Hillary, Allen & me). It was so good to cherish time with my sweet parents. Wade drove in late Friday night, but he was at my door at 8:30 Saturday morning with beautiful flowers and a big hug! The last 2 weeks had felt like an eternity, so I could hardly believe I was seeing him again face to face. After pancakes at the Original Pancake House, we loaded Paisley and my stuff in his car and headed to the Tapp house for a relaxing afternoon.

A few naps and tennis matches later, we celebrated his sister Angie's birthday with a yummy salmon dinner and ice cream cake. Wade's 5-year-old nephew Dylan might be the cutest thing I've ever met. He would run laps around the downstairs, ending with a leap over the back of the sofa onto the cushions...and Paisley following him would also jump over the back onto the couch and onto Dylan! I don't think she's learning very good habits from that, but it was adorable nonetheless. Later that evening, Wade and I took on Mr. and Mrs. Tapp in Scrabble. Little did I know my boyfriend was such a dirty Scrabble player! Using the very extensive online Scrabble dictionary, we got away with words like "un" (meaning one) and "li" (a Chinese unit of measurement) and eventually won.


Sunday morning saw us taking up a whole row at Christ Covenant with our 2 families, and then a big lunch at Maggiano's. You never would have known everybody was meeting for the first time. After more napping on a lazy Sunday afternoon, Wade had to rush off to a Josh Groban concert after taking me and Paisley home.

The exciting thing is that this very next weekend, I'm going with the Tapps to an Auburn football game! I can't wait for a real tailgating experience for an SEC football night game. I think it'll be a little different than the atmosphere at a UNC football game. Stay tuned and hopefully I'll post more pics!

3 comments:

kristen said...

One thing I have learned living in Alabama is that they are crazy about their football. They totally put UNC to shame!

Feel free to drop me an email if you are ever going to be in Birmingham and want to catch up.

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you!! Its so cool to see how you've grown into yourself... and stuck to your beliefs. I love to see the neat ways that the Lord provides for us. Your family is on my mind constantly right now! Much Love

Libba Lemon said...

Hi beautiful! I'm so happy about the big family picture! You look stunning and I love your skirt.

I can't wait to see you in a few hours! Hurry over with baby Pay-Pay.