9.12.2007

Like a loofah for your butt

It's not every day that the toilet paper at work causes a stir. Although we have had our share of problems with the big plastic cover over the roll falling off when a person uses the sharp little teeth on it to actually do their job and tear the tissue... One former co-worker who used to sit beside me had particular problems with this, but she shall remain nameless. Personally, I tear the sheet with my other hand, avoiding causing undue pressure on the delicate plastic tooth aparatus and embarrassing crashes that echo through the bathroom walls into cube-land outside.
But anyway, this post is not about the faulty toilet paper dispenser. Earlier this week, I was quite surprised to go into the bathroom and find a new kind of toilet paper had replaced the old whisper-thin, soft-as-dead-leaves industrial t.p. Oh yes, this new-fangled stuff had bumps and dimples - really a lot like seersucker. It's not Quilted Northern or anything - still pretty rough - but the bumps made for quite a wild experience :).

For the first day or so I didn't say anything, but then I thought this is too weird, so I just threw out the question to my boss and co-worker, "Is it just me, or is anyone else freaked out by the new toilet paper?" They laughed, but I think they were secretly relieved to acknowledge the elephant in the room :).

I'm not sure how long we get to keep this seersucker t.p. The next spare roll on the back of the toilet seems to be the old, normal stuff. So I guess this was just a brief interlude, but an enjoyable one I suppose. Always good to keep people guessing. Maybe I should sneak in one of those little machines that goes inside the roll and plays music when people pull out the toilet paper. That would probably be fun. Hmm...where do they sell those nowadays?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

my toilet papber at school is the extra LARGE roll, and its bent, so when i pull the toilet paper out of the dispenser... and makes the LOUDEST sound... and if i need more than just a little bit... well i have my own sound effects and all my students can listen in... nice huh?

Libba Lemon said...

Thanks for leaving me nameless :)

I know you miss hearing the entire plastic cover crash to the tile floor every time I pee! (Which is a ton!)

I miss you, cubie! I'm sorry we didn't plan to meet this week - what about next? This week has been a blur.

Sciencetapp said...

wow... we have that crappy paper thin stuff at the Summerford house... It really kind of pisses me off (pun intended). Sometimes I buy the good stuff when I'm down at Wallymart, but usually it's just that dead leaf textures I-wish-I-was-as-thick-as-a-tissue stuff.