2.19.2008

My Valentine

I got to spend 95 hours with my Valentine this past weekend - yes, 4 whole days! I drove up Thursday while Wade was teaching, and got there in time to make a Valentine's dinner for when he got home from his afternoon seminar.


Here is the romantic table setting... Too bad we had to be that couple sitting on the same side of the table, because they only have one bench!



I made beef tips over rice and steamed green beans - one of my favorite meals.



Friday night, we went out for a day-after-Valentine's date to Macaroni Grill. I wore my new dress and sparkly silver earrings and felt super special. And Wade looked quite handsome, I might add, in his navy blue and khaki!


Wade had already brought me roses on Valentine's Day, and he told me on Friday that he had basketball shootaround (practice for their game Saturday night) at 8:30 a.m. Saturday. I said that would be good, because I could work out while he did that and then go ahead and get ready for the day. He said, "oh no, you just sleep in - you'll have plenty of time to work out later in the day before my game." I don't know why I didn't question him more about that, because why would I stay home while he was working out and then go work out separately later? But for some reason I didn't - so Saturday morning, Wade comes in my room with 3 big sunflowers and a box of Total Cranberry Crunch cereal. I asked if it was already that late that he was finished with shootaround, and he said shootaround really wasn't til 11:30, but he just wanted to bring me flowers and breakfast! On his birthday!

How did I get so lucky?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that is so adorable! i love the meal, the flowers, and everything! i don't think i would want to have my birthday so close to valentines day... wade is perfect FOR YOU!

Justine said...

Sorry for the lack of comments... almost-March-ness is taking it's toll on me. Have no fear though - while I might not be commenting, I am reading.
I, too, am a big fan of the Valentine's day/weekend thing. And you got so lucky by being so great!
I'm happy for you :)