2.19.2008

New Dancing with the Stars & Bachelor

They just announced the next Dancing with the Stars cast, and I would just like to say I can't wait to see Monica Seles and Priscilla Presley ballroom dancing :).

Also, the next Bachelor premieres March 17th (in 27 days according to abc.com). I love how they refer to the show as "ABC's highly-rated, popular romance reality series." Umm, sure, if that's what you want to believe. The new guy is British and "THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL BACHELOR EVER" as I'm sure Chris Harrison will remind us - oh, 5,893 times during the course of the show. I think they are forgetting how much they touted Lorenzo Borghese as an Italian prince, because that's pretty international to me (even though he barely stepped foot in Italy before the show and spoke no Italian).

And how cheesy is their intro line to the bachelor bio: "The British are coming! The British are coming!" Puh-leeze, Paul Revere. If he shows up in a triangle-shaped hat with a feather sticking out, I will never watch this show again.

Abc.com also says that the new bachelor (Matt Grant) "believes that the woman he has been looking to fall in love with all this time will be among the 25 lucky Bachelorettes waiting to meet him in America." Poor, silly man - have you ever watched this show?

No comments: