8.11.2008

1 Year Anniversary

Today, August 11, 2008, Wade and I celebrate our one-year dating anniversary! One year ago, we were at the lake with some of my friends from church and finally made it official that we were dating :).


Here we are at the lake house. We were playing a goofy game of Family (I think that's what it's called) and it was very hot & sticky (the weather, that is... and us, I guess, as a result).


At the lake, glowing from happiness... or sweat.


The next day at lunch after church - we were so cool.

I could never have imagined what a perfect fit God could give me in Wade. We love being with each other and often say how glad we are that the other one is as goofy as we are. We've gotten through a lot already, from 9 months of long distance to Carolina/Duke rivalries during basketball season, to losing my precious mom.

We've gardened, we've hiked, we've eaten (a lot. of ice cream.), we've watched movies, we've taken Sunday naps, we've cried, we've laughed, we've been obsessed with The Office and Arrested Development, we've discussed job prospects and finances, we've fallen asleep on the phone together, we've prayed, we've babysat together, we've established our very different paces of walking and styles of smoothies, and we've spent time with both of our families.

I'm so excited for the things we will experience in the coming year, whatever they may be.

I love you Wade!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Congratulations!! :)