2.20.2009

The first week

The first week of aunthood has been SO fun.  I think I'm dangerous because I'm about as obsessed as a mommy in terms of taking pictures, but I have a lot more time to post them on Facebook and blogs!  I've gotten to go over and visit two afternoons this week, so in the 4 total visits I've had, I've taken 148 pictures (not counting the ones I deleted for being too blurry, etc.).  It doesn't help that I love my new camera too!

Today I was there for all kinds of activities - bath time, tummy time, fussy time, feeding time, and sleepy time.

I just can't get over the sweetness of her!  I can still smell her little baby scent on my hands after I get home and it's the best thing ever.

It's been really fun to see my sister become a mom.  She's a natural and it's just so cool to see her love this little person SO much.  Here she is giving Madelyn a little encouragement for tummy time :).

Doesn't she look like she's always been a mom?

Post-bath, the hair was a little fro-ish, but so soft - I love it!


It doesn't get much better than a clean little baby wrapped up in a towel!

4 comments:

Justine said...

I love how she's looking back up at Hillary in that last one!

Unknown said...

Kim these are beautiful! They just keep getting better. You are right about Hill. I've never seen her more beautiful! I can't wait to hug them both! I'm so bummed that I can't go today, but I don't want to get anyone sick. :( Give them my love!

Courtney said...

She does look so natural and I know you are a great aunt! Hold onto the baby smell and remember it. One day you just wake up and realize "huh, he/she doesn't have that baby smell anymore" It was a little sad the day I realized that with Zeke...

Kristin said...

Look at all that hair!! How sweet!

(I gave you a blog award on my blog)