10.02.2007

100 things about me

What can I say? I'm a follower. Here is my list of 100 things since everyone else is doing it...

1. My boyfriend Wade and I met at a country line dancing bar (Coyote Joe’s).
2. I can say the alphabet backwards (quickly).
3. I can write backwards (as in mirror-image) also pretty quickly.
4. I got a 1530 on the SAT (perfect score on verbal) and I’m proud of that.
5. I’m the third generation in my family working at the Girl Scouts – my grandmother was executive director here, and my mom worked here for a while too.
6. I’m proud of the fact that I bought my own condo at age 24.
7. I am very cheap (a quality I got from my dad).
8. I almost always sleep in a tank top and pants – I can’t stand having my bare legs touch each other at night.
9. I was really imaginative as a child and loved naming and renaming my dolls and writing stories with lots of characters so I could name them all.
10. I had my first kiss when I was 20 years old.
11. My longest relationship to this point was in 6th grade – for 8 months and 2 days.
12. I am a grammar freak and love editing papers.
13. My nickname for a while in middle school was Saturn because of my head gear.
14. I busted my chin open when I was 2 and had to be strapped down in a papoose for them to put stitches in it.
15. My dog is named after Brad Paisley, the country singer.
16. I’ve never been drunk.
17. I’m the only person in my family to have lived on South Campus at UNC out of my mom, sister, 2 aunts, an uncle and a cousin.
18. My favorite color to wear is brown.
19. I floss my teeth every night.
20. I have difficulty moderating my sugar intake because I am addicted to it.
21. I eat the same breakfast every morning – fruit, with ½ cup of Weight Watchers Flakes & Fiber cereal, 2 T. grape nuts, and skim milk – and I never get tired of it.
22. My favorite meal is my mom’s chicken pot pie.
23. I got a personal trainer at the gym because I was too much of a sucker to say no, but I’m really glad I did it now.
24. I hate calling people, except for a select few that I don’t have a problem with, and I will put off making minor phone calls for ages.
25. I started feeding my dog organic dog food when I got really freaked out about the ingredients of commercial dog food.
26. I didn’t have cable for 6 months when I first moved into my condo and only got ABC and FOX with my rabbit ears.
27. I’ve been rear-ended in my car at least 5 times.
28. I’ve never taken my car to a car wash (I’ve only washed it myself – progressively less often over the years!).
29. My middle name is Dale, after my mom’s best friend at the time.
30. I was born on Flag Day, 12 days late.
31. I absolutely love country music, but I didn’t start listening to it until junior year of college.
32. I became a graphic designer in part because of my experience on the yearbook staff in high school.
33. One of my high school Spanish teachers called me Clavelita (little answer key), because she called my sister Clave (answer key) before me.
34. I have a hard time signing my full name (Kimberly) because I’m not used to writing the whole thing in cursive. Signing the closing papers for my condo was a nightmare!
35. 100 things is a whole lot to come up with and I’m only on 35!
36. I loved reading Nancy Drew and Babysitters Club books when I was younger.
37. I stopped reading for pleasure when I got to high school, but I’m trying to be a person who reads again because I think it would make me more interesting.
38. I’m terrible at keeping plants alive because I forget to water them.
39. I don’t forget to feed my dog, however.
40. I get really excited watching good ballroom dancers and am so jealous of them.
41. My mom used to make matching outfits for me and my Cabbage Patch kids, including a Brownie Girl Scout uniform.
42. My best friend in elementary school was Eliz Empie – we met when I was 6 and she was 4.
43. I didn’t get my ears pierced until after my freshman year of college.
44. One of my pet peeves is windshield wipers going too fast for the speed of the rain.
45. I never use my back patio, but I totally should.
46. I don’t keep my house as clean as people probably think I do (but I wish I did).
47. I’ve watched the soap opera All My Children off and on since the summer after 6th grade.
48. I can quote the entire movie Pretty Woman (ok, you already knew that!).
49. I prefer the toilet paper comes over the top of the roll instead of under it – and I will change the roll if it is on the opposite way.
50. Another pet peeve is people leaving the toilet lid up – hello, you won’t drop your toothbrush in there if you just close it.
51. I keep my CDs organized by genre right now, but I’ve experimented with alphabetizing, order of purchase, favorites, etc.
52. I used to want to be a teacher, but now I don’t think I’d be a very good one.
53. I love re-reading my old journals, and a lot of times I had really profound things to say!
54. I’m proud of the fact that I drive a stick shift.
55. My favorite part of my job is getting shiny, slick printed materials back from the printer that I’ve designed and building my portfolio.
56. My other favorite part of my job is the ridiculous amount of vacation I get.
57. I will skip church to watch the Wimbledon men’s championship match.
58. I’d rather watch a sporting event on TV than go to it most of the time (because you can see the action so much better and you can take a break to do laundry in the middle).
59. I used to want to raise my kids speaking Spanish and English from birth. I still think it would be a good idea, but I don’t think it’s gonna happen.
60. I had the same roommate all 4 years in college (plus an additional 4 roommates senior year).
61. My nickname Kitchen Kim refers to the all-business, semi-stressed, perfectionist persona I get when cooking for big groups or special events.
62. My pin number for my check card is the last 4 digits of my high school crush’s phone number…don’t you dare try to track that down.
63. My hairdresser Vickie started cutting my hair when I was 5, so I love catching up with her when I go.
64. I am really encouraged by words of praise, especially for my design work, my cooking, or my appearance.
65. I love giving head rubs.
66. I like my feet.
67. I love buying new placemats.
68. I’m kindof compulsive about shopping for clothes, so I don’t even let myself browse around unless I haven’t been shopping in a long time and I have a few hundred dollars to spend.
69. My college roommates made fun of me for wearing white underwear, so I try to branch out into colors (but they’re so impractical if you want to wear light-colored pants).
70. I never had Nintendo when I was growing up, but I played Super Mario Brothers at Eliz’s house when I got the chance.
71. I go to the same seafood restaurant at the beach with my family every year and get the grilled chicken.
72. My favorite season is fall – my least favorite is winter, except that I love the holidays.
73. I danced in a cage at the Spanish Galleon in Myrtle Beach once.
74. I used to only want to have girl children because I didn’t think I’d know how to raise a boy.
75. I hate it when other people get “the edge” – they get ready for bed faster than I do and get the chance to fall asleep before I do – mostly in group sleeping situations like camp, sleepovers, retreats, etc.
76. The first CD I ever bought was Michael Bolton (I still have it and listen to it once in a blue moon).
77. I only check my (snail) mail about once a week, but I check my email countless times a day.
78. I checked my email after writing #77.
79. I get road rage pretty often.
80. I hate it when drivers honk at me when I’m out running, but I still get a little disappointed if I go for a whole run and get no honks.
81. I once tripped and face-planted while running along Providence Road near Fairview at about 5:30 p.m. when all the traffic is backed up at that light. A guy yelled to me from his car, “Don’t worry, nobody saw that!”
82. I had a crush on just about every guy I met when I first went to college.
83. I got asked out while working out twice one summer (once by a stranger driving down Carmel Road where I was running; the other time by a guy at the gym who I hadn’t seen since 2nd grade).
84. I prefer shave cream to shave gel.
85. I’ve used Thermasilk shampoo and conditioner for a really long time, but I’m afraid they don’t make it anymore because I can’t find it anywhere.
86. I drink milk past the date if it doesn’t smell or taste funny…same with eggs, yogurt, cheese, sour cream, etc.
87. I’m very reluctant to take medicine when I have a headache, but I don’t really know why.
88. My perfect sleep schedule would be 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. every night – I think.
89. I have a fear of getting trapped underwater, under a large object like a boat, to where I couldn’t push it off of me to get air.
90. I know almost all my extended family’s birthdays and a large number of my friends’.
91. I don’t remember anything about the house I lived in up to age 4.
92. My best friend in middle school was named Ayeza Nxumalo – she was from Swaziland, in southern Africa.
93. We had a joint birthday party for our 12th birthdays, and it was co-ed and supposed to be a pool party (except it rained), and we thought we were so cool.
94. I get more tired walking slowly and aimlessly than at a brisk pace on a mission.
95. I always go to the produce section first when I go grocery shopping, and almost always the milk section last.
96. I use the self-checkout lanes whenever possible because I like bagging groceries the way I like and not having to talk to the cashier.
97. My goal in life is to go to a beach with clear ocean water.
98. I was once asked by a co-worker to be her life coach with regard to budgeting, eating habits, exercise, etc.
99. I am very particular about the way a dishwasher is loaded and dishes are done.
100. I’m going home now because I just stayed 30 minutes late at work to finish this list.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yearbook memories, I love it! And I'm with Hilary on the Bachleor summaries. If I can't catch it, I'm expecting you to fill me in!!

Justine said...

I should've been counting the # of those that I could copy to my own list... there were lots. In fact, maybe my first jump back into the blogging world will be a list, swiping things from other people's lists :)