5.05.2008

Graduation

This weekend was the moment I've been waiting about 9 months for... Wade's graduation from Covenant College! I'm so proud of his achievements, and so ready to experience the next chapter in our relationship - and mostly SO EXCITED to be able to live in the same city together!

It was a special & fun weekend, because both my parents and Wade's parents got to make the trip up, as well as his Aunt Kim, whom I had not met yet.




Here are our two families before his Senior Banquet Friday night. Tell me my mom doesn't look so cute and hip in her outfit? She had that cute fitted little top, a kindof flared-bottom linen skirt, and the belt accent. Who else could wear that with 2 ostomy bags underneath and no one would even notice?




Posing for lots of pictures in the cap and gown after the ceremony... This is just one :).




Saturday night, my parents wanted to see Covenant's campus, so we walked around and Wade gave them the full tour. Then we took some pictures one last time, sitting on the Covenant College sign.

It's been so fun for me to visit every few weeks or month, and see where Wade lives and meet his friends. It's a little sad that we won't have that beautiful setting for visits anymore, but I will definitely "settle" for Charlotte scenery and seeing Wade multiple times a week :). He's substitute teaching up there at least for this week, and after that it will depend on how much substituting they have for him. My vote is for him to come home THIS weekend, but we'll see what happens :). He's coaching basketball camps this summer before school starts in August and he starts teaching little 8th graders about physical science!

Congratulations baby!

No comments: