11.28.2007

Baby bonanza

In celebration of Jesus coming as a little baby, I thought I'd make a list of all the friends of mine having babies! I feel like there are a lot, so this is partly to help me keep it organized in my head :).

Lindsay and Adam Dyer
Friends from college (and Lindsay a little bit in high school)... Lindsay and I became good friends the summer after we graduated from high school on a church beach trip, and were accountability partners along with Jessica for several years. We were also in Bible study together in Campus Crusade at Carolina, and lived together with 4 other girls our senior year. I was a bridesmaid in her wedding to Adam in the summer of 2004.
They welcomed Caleigh Grace Dyer on November 26th!

Susan and JJ Foster
Susan (or Ms. Cherry) taught Spanish at my high school and was the advisor for the Christian club First Priority. I was a member and leader of FP and eventually president my senior year, so I got to know Ms. Cherry through that. Shortly after I graduated, she joined World Harvest Mission in Spain, and there met her future hubby, JJ Foster!
They welcomed John Zachary (Jack) Foster on November 24th!

Lindsey and Jason deBuhr
Lindsey and Jason were leaders of high school small groups at Christ Covenant at the same time I was. They both led groups for 4 years, taking them from freshmen to seniors, and now they are starting their own small group :). Lindsey and I also got to be even better friends through the girls' Bible study we had with the small group leaders.
They are expecting a baby boy in early January!

Brannon and John David Brooks
I first met Brannon and JD at community group at church early this year. They had recently moved her from Birmingham to start a Fitness Together personal training / gym business. I've also gotten to know Brannon through our summer girls' Bible study and our periodic happy hours at Bricktops at South Park. She can't wait to actually be able to have a drink with us!
They are expecting a baby girl, Barrett Elizabeth Brooks, in January!

Erin and Josh Hall
Erin and Josh are friends of mine from Carolina... Josh was part of the Fellowship of the Forest, the 6 guys I used to cook for, and we shared a journalism class or two. Erin is just a crazy fun girl, despite the fact that she works as a school librarian :). I haven't seen them in way too long!
They are expecting a baby girl, Charlotte Marie Hall, in January!

Andy and Erin Ashley Huffman
Andy was another member of the Forest guys I cooked for, and the match-up of him and Erin Ashley was a long time in coming. She dated one of his good friends for a while, and he liked her for years and years before she finally gave in! They started dating while on STINT in East Asia with Campus Crusade, and now they are over there long term, taking the gospel to hungry college students.
They welcomed Emma Grace Huffman in June!

Brad and Elizabeth Fleming
I knew Brad vaguely from our Greensboro church, but re-met at Carolina, when he lived with another good friend of mine, Luke. I hung out with those two guys a lot my freshman and sophomore year, listening to them play guitar, getting rides to Prayer & Praise and church, and watching movies on their surround sound and screen projector. Brad and Elizabeth got married after college and worked with the Navigators for a few years, and they're now heading to Indonesia to start a business and spread the gospel.
They welcomed Aspen Fleming in June!

Jess and Matt Hoffman
Jess was my suitemate in Hinton James my freshman year...part of the greatest group of girls I could have imagined living with! She was always the one to give cautious, sound advice, and yet also had such a free spirit as she went roller skating, sang and played instruments, sketched incredible drawings and collected fall leaves. She married Matt after college, and they are now living in Columbia, SC, where she is a nurse.
They are expecting a baby in May!

There are many others who are more distant friends of mine...but I really need to get back to work. Happy parenthood!

1 comment:

Sciencetapp said...

Babies!!! At least no one had quadruplets...