11.25.2007

Thanksgiving Weekend

Funny how much things change in a year...  Last Thanksgiving, I was about to close on my condo, and we spent the weekend moving some things over from my apartment and painting my bedroom.  I had just been disappointed by a brief crush I had who didn't want to be anything more than friends.  I was getting ready to bring home a new puppy and live by myself for the first time.

This year, I had the love of my life home for 5 days and got to spend that whole time with two of the most wonderful families in the world.  Thanksgiving Day, Wade and I ate turkey/sweet potatoes/stuffing/etc with his family for lunch (along with some of their family friends), and then ate it all again with my family for dinner!  My uncle Jeff and his girlfriend Martha were in town - first time Wade met them - and of course, my other Charlotte relatives were there too, Hillary & Allen, the Steeles (mom's sister & her family) and my grandfather.

This WAS a cute decoration Mrs. Tapp saw at a party she had gone to.  After being carted around in a plastic bag, falling apart and being recreated several times, it suffered from the wear and tear, but it's a cute idea at least :).


Aw, Wade and me next to a beautiful red tree!  

My amazing mom is STILL HERE, 3 months after we found out her cancer was back and thought the end was near.  She cooked and hosted the entire Thanksgiving dinner for 15 people, and then got up the next day and went shopping with my sister on Black Friday and visited with the Tapps at my house until 11 pm!

Sneaking a little smooch from my sweetheart :).


I am so excited about my new Christmas tree!  I decided to bite the bullet this year and buy a nice fake one, now that Paisley isn't a super little puppy and I've been in my condo a year.  She still chewed 3 of the bows off of it the first morning (because I forgot about it and let her out of my room unsupervised while I slept a little longer), but I salvaged them and put up a small deterrent in the form of a baby gate in front of the tree.

In just about 4 days, I get to go see Wade AGAIN, and this time I'm going to try to take pictures at his basketball games so you can see him in action!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: