5.01.2009

A few things from this week

In reverse order of how they happened (because that's just how Blogger decided to upload the pictures despite any correct order I might have put them in)...

I went to dad's house today after work with the intention of sewing myself a little ring bearer pillow.  Because mom taught me how to sew a pillow when I was like 9, and I'm sure it's just like riding a bicycle.  But not knowing much about working the sewing machine other than turning it on, it jammed every time I tried to start a stitch.  I had no idea whether it needed a different setting or different thread, or just a different operator, but it was obvious it was not going to work for me.  So I got out the needle and thread and sewed it by hand, all the while thinking why am I doing this just to save $10 or however much it would cost to buy one?  The finished product isn't bad - I'm no Linda Johns in the seamstress department, but it will suffice for a 30-second walk down the aisle I think.

Earlier this morning, Haverty's delivered our new bed!  I love it!

Wednesday night, the girls in my community group from Hope threw an Around the Clock shower for me!  It was so fun and we got some great, creative gifts for every time of day (and night!).  This is the PPC (party planning committee) afterwards...  next up, baby showers for the two on the ends :).


And last weekend, was my bachelorette/lingerie shower Friday night, and then a bed & bath shower with college friends Saturday.  It was so great to see all these girls, many of whom I don't see that often, and I think I was recovering all week from staying up late Friday and all the festivities.

My last shower is tomorrow - I can't believe I'm getting married LATER THIS MONTH!!

No comments: