5.24.2009

Bumbo girl

I had a fun visit with Hillary & Madelyn yesterday, catching up and working on a couple last wedding projects.  My camera battery needed charging, so I didn't get as many pictures as I would've liked, but I got a couple of the big girl sitting in her Bumbo.  It's still a little hard to keep that head balanced on her little neck for a long time, but she liked it at least :).

Staring intently at the feet.


What?  You want something from me?

Bummer that this rainy/cloudy weekend has prevented me from getting a little more tan, but it's been nice to just relax inside for the most part and enjoy our last weekend before marriage!  I've been a lot more conscious of wanting mom to be here this week - it just doesn't feel like I should be able to carry out all the plans and get married without her.  I'm hoping to spend as much time as possible this week just reflecting on the bigness of everything - the commitment we're making, and the changes we'll go through, and the support we have, and the losses we feel even in the midst of it.  There's a lot of soul stuff to recognize, I'm beginning to understand.

3 comments:

MacLeans said...

Thinking of you a ton this week, Kim. Praying for you as well that you will find peace amidst all the things you have to do this week and that you really can take time and enjoy the moments. Praying also that you will have time to cherish and remember your mom on your special day. May you know His peace throughout every moment. I love you! Wish I could just fly home and see you get married!

Shaynah Jerrell said...

praying for you in these last few days leading up to the wedding!! and im so excited for saturday! love you :)

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Praying for you..glad to find your blog...