5.18.2009

The Home Stretch

Well, we're on the home stretch, folks. Only 12 more days til Kris pronounces Mr. and Mrs. Wade Tapp! I can't believe I only have ONE more weekend of not being married in my whole life!

The past couple weeks have gone by pretty quickly - just filled with to-do list tasks and spending time with Wade. The wedding checklist is looking good... I just have to finish printing & assembling the programs, have a few last communications with vendors, delegate the day-of tasks like getting presents & stuff back from the reception, and that's about it! Oh, and lay out as much as possible this weekend if it is sunny.

Paisley has been enjoying all the time she gets to spend with Duke (the Tapps' dog). At Wade's mom's insistence I NEVER go over there without bringing Paisley. They are two of the funniest dogs you will ever meet I think. They have so much personality and we laugh endlessly at them and their antics.

I'm also trying to actually think about life after The Wedding. Mostly, what and how I am going to COOK to feed the appetite of The Wade. What I got used to cooking as a single girl is like 1/30th what I need to be prepared for going forward. And the last couple months with wedding planning, I've barely cooked or gone to the grocery store at all (counting on Wade getting enough to eat at his parents' house). Plus all the pressure (mostly self-imposed, not from Wade) to fix something new most nights of the week (instead of cooking once and eating leftovers for the next 5 days like I could do myself). And no more "I'm not that hungry, I'll just grab an apple and some crackers for dinner." My kitchen and I are about to get hard-core reacquainted!

4 comments:

Erin said...

so excited for you kim! especially for life after the wedding, when you get to RELAX!!! oh man, getting rid of that checklist will be euphoric. so close! :)

The Carey's said...

so sad that we are going to miss your big day Kim! Make sure you delegate EVERYTHING out so you don't have to remember anything and are free to have a fun day. Can't wait to see the pictures!

Kristin said...

Wow! 12 more days! I can't wait :)

Courtney said...

Cooking idea I am working on, instead of trying to come up with a bunch of new fun recipes, I am going to write down about 30 that we LOVE. I will plan each week out of those, and just be able to look at the ring of recipes to make my grocery list. We will see if this actually works. Obviously I am going to be open to trying new stuff when I find something...