12.14.2007

Barrett Brooks...coming soon! (But not before Dec. 28)

Last night, our community group girls had a baby shower for Brannon and baby Barrett. Not that I didn't expect it to be fun, but it turned out to be such a special time of laughs and friendly competition and just wonderful friends - I love these girls more and more all the time!

Stephanie and Leslie put together some awesome culinary treats, including my favorite chocolate chip cream cheese ball (it is SOOOO good!) and a chocolate mint cake (how can you go wrong with that?). Brannon's mom and mother-in-law were able to make the drive from Birmingham as well, and it was so special to have them there. They were hilarious during the games :). I have to say, these were the best shower games I think I've played at a baby shower so far (in my opinion).

First we played a Scattergories type game, where we had 3 minutes to write down a word for each letter of the alphabet that had to do with babies, pregnancy, children, etc. Having lived with a labor and delivery nurse for several years, I tried to think of medical terms that I didn't think other people would get (because you only get a point if no one else wrote down the same thing). Pitocin, Effaced and Diaphragm helped me to some extent, but my brain was sortof frozen for part of those 3 minutes, so I didn't get words by that many letters. Meredith won with 15 points - props for getting Apgar for A!

The next game was guessing how many toilet paper squares it would take to wrap around Brannon's belly. I won that game with my guess of 11! The actual number was 10, but everybody else guessed in the teens and low 20s. See Brannon, you're only 10 toilet paper squares! Not that big at all ;-).

Last thing was opening gifts... Little Barrett got TWO cute pink bunny towels, other bath stuff, some onesies and matching pants and socks, pacifiers, a blanket, and an adorable hat and pair of booties knitted by Meredith's grandmother.


All the girls! From left to right: Stephanie, Lynn, Christy, Megan, me, Meredith, Brannon and Leslie.


Brannon with her super cute diaper cake

No comments: