12.17.2007

Whirlwind weekend

It was a crazy but fun weekend, full of parties and gatherings and family and friends!

Friday night, I went to the "High Society Christmas Party" hosted by my friend Jill's boyfriend and his roommates. They live in this awesome 2-story white house right on Providence Road, close to the intersection of Providence/Providence and Queens/Queens. I have no idea how they scored that one or how they afford it, but it was a grand location for the event :). It was fun to have an occasion to wear something fancy and sparkly and go all out on makeup and jewelry and hair. While I was at the party, Wade was playing a basketball game in Lookout Mountain, and getting his jaw dislocated. Yes, he got hit under the basket and dislocated his jaw. I thought he was joking when he first told me, but unfortunately he was not... Apparently, though, there are so many muscles in your jaw that it snaps back into place pretty quickly. He just had to spend the next couple days with it positioned slightly forward from where it should be, making it hard to chew and painful to yawn. It gradually moved back and now seems to be in the right place.

Saturday morning, Wade drove the 6 hours home from Covenant, while I shopped with mom in the craziness of South Park Mall...all for Christmas presents for me - haha. Then mom and I finished just in time for me to rush back and change and leave with Wade and Paisley for Winston-Salem, to go to a Christmas party with lots of UNC friends of mine :). Josh and Erin Hall (8 months pregnant and glowing that she is) hosted the shindig at their beautiful house, and it was so good to see many friends I haven't seen since last Christmas! It was also great to introduce Wade to all of them and all of them to Wade. He of course won them all over and earned the stamp of approval :).

Sunday, we went to church and Hope's congregational meeting afterwards (which was very interesting, I must say). Then I cooked a quick lunch of soft tacos, which Wade appreciated far beyond its actual culinary merit! And I appreciated his appreciation :). We swung by and saw his parents briefly, and then drove out to Monroe to go to an open house for some of his good friends, the Chins. They just bought and re-did the old Belk Mansion, and it is beautiful! They're going to use it to house missionaries as a little bed & breakfast, as well as living in it themselves. It was all decked out for Christmas and looked amazing.

After that, we came back into town to have dinner with my family at Carmel Country Club, where much banter ensued amongst Wade, Hillary and Allen :). Then we continued criss-crossing the city, and dropped in at the tail end of my community group's Christmas party at Lynn & Megan's. FINALLY, at 8:30 pm, we got to change out of church clothes and watch a little Carolina basketball on a nice warm couch :).

It was so hard to come back to work today!

3 comments:

Justine said...

wow... Christmas parties ARE working out well for you this year! sounds like a blast :)

Libba Lemon said...

You are the most popular girl in the world and I LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

what a wonderful weekend!!! I can't believe that you fit it all in!