1.25.2008

Babysitting!

Last night I got to babysit for the 2-month-old baby of one of my college roommates!  How crazy is that?  Lindsay and I went to high school and college together, and lived in a house with 4 other girls our senior year.  She and Adam got married the summer after we graduated (2004) and now they're a family of 3 :).

I have to say, it's a little weird to get babysitting instructions from your friend who is the same age as you, but still so fun.  Caleigh comes with pretty extensive instructions - but I imagine most 2-month-olds do.  She was only awake for 1-1.5 hours of the time I was there, but it was still fun to play "mommy" since I'm surrounded by friends being fruitful and multiplying.

Caleigh wasn't super happy about much last night unfortunately, but I sang Jesus Loves Me and Rock-a-bye Baby to her over and over and that seemed to work for a while.  She really liked the diaper change, surprisingly, and then was very happy for about 30 minutes between eating and going back to her crib!

I can't wait to babysit again :).

Me attempting to hold a baby and take a picture of myself at the same time.  Pardon me if my expression is a little pained :).

Using the reflection of the mirror for a little help.

Ok, Lindsay, I hope it's ok that I'm posting pictures and video of your baby on my blog!  She's just so cute I can't help it :).  This is one minute of her happy time - lying on her back looking up at her mobile.  She also has little hiccups, which you can hear if you turn on the volume.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

thanks for watching her! hopefully next time she will be a little happier. post away... everyone should be exposed to the cuteness

Sciencetapp said...

baby!