1.28.2008

Too many letters to remember

Wade and I decided to take the Myers-Briggs personality test that he had in a notebook from high school and compare our personality characteristics tonight.  What we found is that Wade is very moderate on everything and I am very imbalanced and lopsided.  Haha... 

But seriously, I was an ISFJ.  The S/N (sensing vs. intuiting) was the only pair that my scores were close on, and I think I can be either of the two depending on the test questions and how I feel at that moment.  But I am very I, very F and very J.  I got 18s out of 20 on I and F and 20/20 on J.  And on their counterparts, I got 4-6 out of 20.

I don't think anyone would argue with the ISFJ description for me:
"Quiet, friendly, responsible & conscientious.  Committed and steady in meeting their obligations.  Thorough, painstaking & accurate.  Loyal, considerate, notice & remember specifics about people who are important to them, concerned with how others feel.  Strive to create an orderly and harmonious environment at work & at home."

Wade is definitely E and definitely J by decent margins, but the middle two were a little hazy.  I think we decided the description of ENFJ fit him the best (or what he strives for the best):
"Warm, empathetic, responsive & responsible. Highly attuned to the emotions, needs & motivations of others. Find potential in everyone, want to help others fulfill their potential. May act as catalysts for individual & group growth. Loyal, responsive to praise and criticism.  Sociable, facilitate others in a group, and provide inspiring leadership."


So what did we learn from this?  I don't know... we're pretty different on a lot of things, but I think in a complementary sort of way.  I think it's hilarious that I'm the opposite of "quick, ingenious & stimulating and resourceful in solving new & challenging problems" (ENTP).  Wonderful, I'm sure my boss is thrilled to have me as an employee.

What do you think?

No comments: