1.14.2008

Goal check

How did I do on my first week of 2008 goals? I would say ok.

I did make dinner 2 nights this week. You saw the quesadillas... I also made honey baked chicken, rice and peas for Jill and me on Saturday night. I finally figured out why my rice has been chewy and gross every time I make it - apparently that particular short-grain brown rice has different cooking instructions than what I remembered mom telling me growing up for regular rice. After I read the instructions on the bag, it was much better for the meal on Saturday.

Wade and I did do devotions two days. Sunday morning's was interrupted temporarily by Paisley jumping over the railing of my 2nd floor balcony! Yes, my dog is a moron sometimes. She was being really whimpery, pacing around my room and frustrating me, so I let her out the door in my room that goes to a little 3x4 foot balcony. She walked in circles a few times (because that's all the space there is out there), and then I saw her squatting down facing the back wall as if she was about to jump. Just as the thought crossed my mind, "she wouldn't jump" - she leaps up and disappears over the wall! I freaked out (as Wade was in the middle of praying) and ran out there. Luckily she had landed on the short piece of roof on the back of the house, and I was able to pull her back over and get her inside. Yikes, close call!

I hung out with lots of good friends this weekend... On Saturday, we gathered at Marcy's apartment to watch Carolina slaughter NC State at basketball. Lindsay and Adam brought baby Caleigh, and other UNC friends came too - Lee and Sara Williams, Michael Beavers, Shaynah Kleber and Greg Lanier. It was so fun to see all of them, and of course all the girls passed Caleigh around, taking turns with the little cutie pie :).

Saturday afternoon I got a surprise visit from my neighbor, Rebecca, who I really like. She and her husband got married this summer and moved in right across from me. He is a first-year resident at CMC, which means she spends a lot of time alone while he's working :(. So she came over to catch up and relieve her boredom, and I was glad she did, as we had a fun chat.

Saturday evening, Jill came over for dinner and catching up, and then we headed over to a birthday party for a guy named Sink. I had only met him once before, but he's a fun guy and good friends with Jill's boyfriend Matt.

I did not quite make the 8 hours of sleep goal. I think I got about 7 hours of sleep about 5 days last week... and I was still tired enough to take naps on Saturday and Sunday. And I didn't do any of the other goals either, but I've got another 350-some days to do those!

No comments: