1.07.2008

Quesadillas

In keeping with my 2008 goals, I made dinner tonight - for just me, with no leftovers.  I've been in a crazy quesadilla-craving mood lately, so I figured I'd just go with it.


Here are the bottom halves of the quesadillas on my NEW griddle from the Tapps.  I love it!  I used a 4-cheese Mexican blend, and quartered some grape tomatoes and chopped up red onion to fill my quesadillas :).

The scene in my kitchen.


The finished meal, complete with spicy rice and carrots.  The spicy rice was not that great.  I used some of the taco seasoning, but the rice was not done or something - it was still chewy.  I think the rice I have is faulty, because it tastes chewy every time I make it, even though all the liquid is absorbed.

The quesadillas were yummy though.  Next time I'll have to have salsa or something to dip them in.

Now I must go to bed to salvage what's left of my sleep.  Blogging more AND cooking AND keeping in touch with friends AND getting 8 hours of sleep is going to be tricky.  But I did get to talk to my old roomie Jess on the phone tonight and catch up - fun :).

3 comments:

Sciencetapp said...

I'm back safe... and now I'm hungry... and going to bed... nighty night.

Libba Lemon said...

Is that a banana hammock in your kitchen?? I never knew that was a real thing, I thought it was just slang.

I should have sent you home with salsa the other night. I have 3 large yogurt containers full.

Kim Tapp said...

haha - indeed it is a banana hammock. or a general fruit hammock. it's jocelyn's.

i still have lots of tortillas left, so maybe i'll come get some salsa still :).