1.22.2008

NOT Snowed In :(

I so wanted to get snowed in this weekend on Lookout Mountain. Not a snowflake was to be seen, however. So here I am at work...blogging.

Despite the lack of snow, I had a great time visiting Wade over the long MLK weekend. I made the sudden decision Friday around lunchtime to drive up that night instead of Saturday like I had planned. I didn't want to get caught driving in the massive winter storm that was supposedly coming through early Saturday morning and all day Saturday. So I dropped Paisley off at the Tapps' (I love that they love her so much and want to keep her every time I go out of town!) and got on the road about 4:30. I think I'm actually getting a little used to the 6-hour drive, crazy as that is. It's broken up in about 2-hour segments - to Greenville, then to Atlanta, then to Chattanooga. The only thing I hate is driving at night when I feel like every set of headlights behind me is super bright and bearing down on me to go faster. It's probably just my imagination.

Saturday morning, Wade had to leave for an away game at 11:00, so we had a little breakfast and that's about it. Then he was gone for the rest of the day, so I did random stuff by myself. That was the day I was really hoping to be snowed in, and get all cozy on the couch and watch basketball and eat corn chowder and homemade bread from my mom. But since it was sunny and bone dry outside, I decided to clean the shower in Wade & Jonathan's apartment - just for my own peace of mind - so I went down the mountain to Bi-Lo to get cleaning supplies and scrubbed it up nice and pretty :).

I watched a little Australian Open and saw Federer going to a fifth set against Tipsarevic. He pulled it out 10-8 in the fifth, I found out later. I turned on the Carolina-Maryland game and fell asleep at halftime...then woke up to the announcer saying "and North Carolina has been beaten..." Ugh, go back to sleep. It was too cold to get out from under the blanket - despite Wade sweetly turning on the heat to 60 for me (as opposed to no heat at all, the way they normally live...in a drafty, old apartment with wood floors...on top of a mountain...boys...).

Wade and I went to a beautiful church on Sunday, one of those big stone churches with flagstone walkways and cathedral towers that looks like it should be somewhere in Europe. "The kind of church where you would have a wedding," Wade said. And I smiled :).

Sunday night we went on the first real date we've had the chance to go on in about half of our relationship. Wade took me to Outback, where we destroyed 2 loaves of bread in about a minute and then enjoyed our salmon, steak and asparagus, and our Sydney Sundae to top it all off. We rented the movie Waitress and went back home to watch it. That is a really good movie - weird sense of humor, but really funny. We laughed a lot and both really enjoyed it. It was a great night :).

Monday was a pretty lazy day of sleeping in, chatting in PJs, eating the rest of the corn chowder, etc.

Now, 3.5 weeks til my Valentine's/Wade's b'day visit in mid-February. And I better get back to work!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the way that you write!! So honest, cute, and flirty!!