3.29.2008

Final list

I counted them up, and today's list is...
All 30 Weddings I've Been To In My Life
Farthest Distance Away
(1) My mom’s cousin Betsy’s wedding in Pennsylvania
Shortest Distance Away
(2) Josh & Erin’s wedding 2 minutes from my apartment
3 bilingual weddings (conducted in English & Spanish)
(3) My suitemate Raquel
(4) Longtime friend Libba Diffey marrying Jorge
(5) High school friend Justine Sittema marrying Isaac
3 outdoor weddings
(6) High school friend Abby Killough when we were 19
(7) Church friends Katie & Brad from Hope
(8) Freshman year Bible study leader Tiffany (only the reception was outdoors though)
Only wedding where I went as someone else’s guest
(9) Youth leader Stacy Skeen’s (I went with Jessica)
Only wedding I went to with a date
(10) My sister Hillary marrying Allen (my good buddy Mike Knotts picked me up in a spiffy convertible and then danced the night away with me at the reception!)
Shortest wedding ceremony
(11) College friends Lee & Sara (18 minutes)
Couple together the longest prior to getting married
(12) College friends Spence & Courtney Shelton, who started dating when they were 14 & 15
Most inconvenient timing of wedding
(13) College friends Paul & Diana getting married the evening UNC was in the Final Four in 2005 (the year we won the championship)
Couples who are now doing mission work
(14) College friend Nicole Winters marrying Tim (now in Raleigh with Campus Crusade)
(15) College friends Andy & Erin Ashley Huffman (now in East Asia with Campus Crusade)
(16) Suitemate Sheri & Brett (now in Mali, Africa)
Wedding where I missed the ceremony because I went to the wrong location
(17) One of my sister’s best friends Molly Nicholson marrying Alex Warner
Groom from farthest distance away
(18) High school friend Erin Harding marrying Niels from Denmark
Least relationship with the bridal couple
(19) When I was little, mom took me to a wedding of a girl she used to babysit for, who had a sister named Kimberly (where my mom got my name)
Most unique reception site
(20) High school/college friend Kristen Lawson, at Anne Springs Dairy Barn in December
Longest time in coming
(21) High school small group leader Kim Leviner, at almost 36, marrying fellow youth leader Keith Dickerson, after a 5-year crush and an off-and-on relationship
(22) College friend Jenny Kirby marrying John after having a crush on him all through college
Wedding I have no memory of
(23) My dad’s cousin Sandy marrying some guy named Gary – that ended quickly and then she found the love of her life Paul, and they’ve been married 20 years
Only wedding I’ve been to with an ice sculpture
(24) Jaimica and Dwayne, who were in the Bible study I co-led in college
Randomest connection from a wedding
(25) College friends Jon Narveson and Sara York got married, and I met Jon’s cousin at a shower and she ended up moving in with me!
Most I cried at a wedding
(26) When my aunt Lisa married Keith when I was 6 (and I was the Flower Girl), I saw my grandfather crying during the ceremony, which made me in turn bawl my eyes out and refuse to be in any of the post-wedding photos
Most direct result of bouquet/garter-catching
(27) College friends Terry and Lauren caught the garter and bouquet at
(28) Lindsay and Adam’s wedding and then got hitched themselves
Only time rice was used as the send-off
(29) One of my sister’s good friends Courtney Killough marrying Terrance (Didn't y'all use rice? I may be remembering totally wrong, Court!)
The one I almost forgot in this list
(30) College Bible study friend Mary married Ben

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! I made the list!!! We used bird seed... which was almost costly. That night on our honeymoon Terrance's ear was itchy... I had to use tweezers to get a piece of bird seed out! I think we should have used bubbles!! ha!

Justine said...

I think this was my favorite of all the lists! It made me think... so now, when I have time, I'll have to count all the weddings I've been to!

Kim Tapp said...

haha... courtney - it's a good thing you got that bird seed out. juliette low, the founder of girl scouts, went deaf because of a grain of rice that lodged in her ear when she got married!

Unknown said...

deaf??!?! wow... that is crazy! I saved TERRANCE'S LIFE!!

Courtney said...

you could also put us down for the wedding you have been to where someone in the wedding party passes out!!! AHHH

Marcy just gave me your blog, LOVE IT! Hope things are well with you! Courtney Shelton