3.21.2008

Home Improvement

Copying this list idea from Libba's blog, here are 21 home improvement projects I would do if I had time and money:

(1) Get leather chair & ottoman repaired from Paisley’s chewing
(2) Put up curtains on downstairs windows
(3) Put up curtains on my bedroom windows
(4) Frame and hang canoe picture leaning against the wall over the futon in my room
(5) Sand and paint dresser, add hardware
(6) Sand and repaint my bathroom ceiling – or figure out some type of coating that’s not going to peel from the moisture in there
(7) Recarpet upstairs
(8) Get fireplace/chimney cleaned by a chimney sweep
(9) Sand and repaint kitchen cabinets something cooler than white, add hardware
(10) Replace kitchen counters and sink
(11) Install shelving in closet under my stairs
(12) Hang pictures on walls in stairway and upstairs hall
(13) Sand and re-stain desk & desk chair
(14) Sand and paint bookshelf in my room (or maybe just get a new bookshelf)
(15) Sand and paint wooden bench in my room
(16) Replace my plastic shower with stone tile or at least porcelain
(17) Take door off medicine cabinet in my bathroom & replace shelves inside
(18) Rip out the butterfly bush, lantana and any other plants outside my front door and start over with landscaping
(19) Install gate across opening in my patio so I can leave Paisley out there (and find a way to heighten the walls a bit because she can jump over them)
(20) Buy large area rug for downstairs
(21) Sand and paint front door

No comments: