3.07.2008

Happy Birthday Jess :)

Today, March 7th, is my good friend Jessica's 26th birthday! Jess and I have been friends since 9th grade, through high school, college, a shared apartment, jobs & grad school, and now (sadly) different cities. She works as a midwife in Columbia, SC, which is such a cool job. I'm excited to be driving down to visit this weekend!

So in honor of Jess, today's list is...

My 7 Favorite Memories of Kim & Jess


(1) Sophomore year, Labor Day trip to Charleston… dying our hair with boxes from the store (the only time I’ve ever dyed my hair – it was “strawberry blond” but more like just red, and it washed out in 24 washes).


(2) Our first Christmas tree in our apartment – it was so scraggly, you could see through it

(3) When somebody in college saw a picture of her brother (who is adopted from Peru) and asked if he was a child she supported overseas

(4) Meeting for accountability with Lindsay the summer after our freshman year of college

(5) Sitting in the front seat and talking as she drove a 15-passenger van through the night to Dallas for Urban Immersion junior year of college (and watching the sun come up as we drove through western MS and eastern LA).

(6) Hosting parties together in our apartment and hearing her tell crazy stories about delivering babies


(7) Spending the day on a pontoon boat on Lake Wylie with Jess and the other bridesmaids a couple days before Lindsay's wedding

1 comment:

Libba Lemon said...

I love that girl! LOVE HER! You 2 are so blessed to have such a wonderful friendship.

Please tell her that I am prepared to start bribing her in any possible way to move back to Charlotte! I would take complete personal responsibility for building her client base.

Hug her neck for me and have a fun weekend!