3.17.2008

Spring Banquet

This weekend I took a short but oh-so-fun trip to see Wade and go to his spring banquet. Although I can't wait to have him here in Charlotte this summer instead of this long distance stuff, I do love my little visits and meeting/hanging out with his friends at Covenant in the meanwhile.

This was the end of our date Friday night... I arrived at 7:00, and we went to dinner at Panera. Then we were going to go out for ice cream, but my boss called needing me to email something to her. After two failed attempts to coach Wade's mom and my mom through the process of checking my work email, we had to cut the evening out a little short and go back up the mountain to get that done. (It wasn't really their fault though, because I couldn't fully remember my user ID and password since I rarely check my work email online.)
So we just got some ice cream at Bi-Lo instead, and had a nice little "carpet picnic" if you will, with candles, ice cream and old Saved by the Bell episodes. (In case you were wondering, we watched the one where Mr. Belding's brother is going to take the gang whitewater rafting for their class trip but backs out on them at the last minute, and also the one where Zack, Slater and Mr. Belding offend their respective women and put on a ballet performance to win them back.)

Saturday night was the banquet, so after a lazy day of basketball-watching and a late workout, we spiffed ourselves up and got ready to hit the town.

Spring Banquet was held at the Hunter Museum in Chattanooga... This was the view of it as we came across the overstreet bridge. Thankfully the weather cleared up after tons of rain earlier in the day. It was windy and pretty chilly, but not raining!

On the steps of the Hunter Museum... I love this picture - I think it looks like Wade is running for president or something :).

One of the pictures Wade took of me on all the random benches throughout the museum. A little bit artistic, a little bit cheesy.


At the end of the night, after a lot of dancing, a lot of foot trampling (of me, done by the mass of people on the dance floor - not Wade), some yummy food, some technical difficulties with the music, and a lot of fun!

No comments: