3.02.2008

The Second List

I hinted at this in yesterday's post, but for March 2, my list is...

My 2 Least Favorite Months
(1) January
(2) February

I dislike these months for a couple reasons. For one thing, I hate winter as a general rule. I am NOT a cold weather person. I have always vowed I could never move any farther north than North Carolina, because winters here are about as cold as I can handle. I would die if it was cold from October through April. I think I get Seasonal Affective Disorder to some extent, and if I were depressed for half the year, I would gain all kinds of weight and be a miserable person to know.

Though I hate winter, I like December well enough because of Christmas and parties and vacation time. And December in NC is usually not all that cold anyway - we usually have some random heat wave or something where it stays in the 60s or even hits 70. But after Christmas and New Year's are over, January and February are this vast wasteland - 59 or 60 days of ugly cold nothing. My motivation disappears, I have a hard time going to the gym, and I eat too much junk because I'm still in holiday mode and Super Bowl parties and Valentine's Day keep the flow of sweets coming.

I would never want to get married in January or February and don't really want to have my kids in those months either. With as many Jan/Feb birthdays as I know, though, that might not be avoidable (must be the spring fever that gets everybody pregnant in April and May). The 4 best things about the months are my dad's & my friend Jill's birthdays (both Jan 18), Wade's birthday (Feb 16) and my mom's birthday (Feb 26). Oh, and basketball season... I guess that's a pretty good thing too.

Maybe January and February aren't completely worthless...

No comments: